Exercise is Medicine Canada at UofT (EIMC @ UofT)
Exercise is Medicine Canada (EIMC) provides national leadership in promoting physical activity as a chronic disease prevention and management strategy to improve the health of Canadians.
EIMC is a movement to make Canadians healthier. EIMC is based upon abundant evidence that physical activity and exercise reduce the risk of chronic disease and the belief that:
• Most Canadians can find simple ways to incorporate physical activity and exercise into their daily routines;
• More should be done to address physical activity and exercise in the healthcare setting; physical activity and exercise should be incorporated as a key health indicator and standard of medical care as a ‘vital sign’; and
• Certified exercise professionals serve as important resources for Canadians and their healthcare providers.
Goals of the EIMC Student Group @ UofT:
1) Promote inter-professional discussion and learning about exercise
2) Strive to promote physical activity as a means of treatment and prevention of illness within the student population.
3) Develop strong relationships between health professions to build resources, advocates and supporters of prescribing exercise as a means of treatment and disease prevention.
4)Increase awareness of the physical and mental health benefits of exercise and its use as a modality for prevention and treatment of disease in the greater population through use of social media and visual representation.
- Organization Type
- Recognized Student Group
- Campus Association
- St. George
- Areas of Interest
- Athletics And Recreation
- Renewal Date
- September 30, 2017
- Mackenzie McLaughlin
- Swapna Mylabathula
- Vice President